Material by Dr. Terry L. Coomer
- Rearing Spiritual Children To Serve the Saviour
Testimonial from Teresa Steege, Dr. Coomer's oldest daughter: "Dad, thank you for writing this book. It is very good and I thought Dan's forward (Pastor Dan Tessin, Missionary to the Philippines) was good as well. I am praying that it will help a lot of people, and I think it will. Love, Teresa."
225 pages, 23 chapters, 8 1/4" X 5 1/2", is a spiritual and extremely practical book. Dr. Terry Coomer takes us back to the Bible for training our children to grow up and serve God. This is a must read for every Christian parent who is serious about their children and family walking with God. This book takes you through all the important steps that are neglected today and will help every parent know how to be successful in rearing spiritual children to grow up and serve the Saviour. The forward by Missionary to the Philippines, Pastor Dan Tessin says: "The reason Dr. Coomer's teachings are so helpful is three-fold: First, and most importantly, they are rooted and based on God's Word. Only God's Word can truly change a life. The second reason why this book is an excellent resource for the family is because Dr. Coomer and his wife Kim have successfully raised two daughters using the Bible as their standard for the home. Both of Dr. Coomer's daughters have married godly men and are now active in Christian service. Thirdly, Dr. Coomer has had thirty years of ministry experience of pastoring in five fundamental churches. He has seen and dealt with many family situations over the years. This experience has aided greatly in preparing him to be of help to today's family. Praise the Lord for raising up a man to write a book which leads us in how to rear up spiritual children to serve The Saviour."
Recommendation: Dr. David Cloud, Way Of Life Literature
CHILD TRAINING MUST BE A HIGH PRIORITY - One thing that is consistent with parents who have had the joy of seeing their children serve Christ is that they have made this a high priority. It is not something that just happens by taking kids to church. In his excellent new book Rearing Spiritual Children To Serve the Saviour, Pastor Terry Coomer testifies: “We had not been saved very long and were in the first few months of Bible College. I was not impressed with the children that were being reared around me at college. Also, I was not impressed with many of the pastor’s children I saw and with those who were preparing to serve God as pastors and the children they were rearing. I shared this with my wife and we prayed and asked God for help in this matter. We sat down together and read every verse in the Bible that talked about rearing children, our responsibility in rearing our children, and any verse that was remotely connected. We prayed and meditated over the verses and asked that God would make them real in our lives. We started the plan when Teresa was a baby and we made this a goal in our lives. God was gracious to show us many things we needed. We were not spiritually mature Christians when we started to look at these verses; we were just a young couple asking God to help us rear our children for Him. James 4:8 became very real in our lives, ‘Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.’ God began to teach us and we applied what the Lord was showing us. I would go in to Teresa’s room every evening while she was asleep as a baby and get down beside the bed and pray for God to help us to be spiritual parents, to do exactly as He commanded, and to not let us fail in this matter” (Rearing Spiritual Children, 2009, p. 46, www.fortheloveofthefamily.com). Observe that this couple did not accept the status quo. They wanted something different for their home and for their children than what they were seeing around them even at a fundamental Baptist Bible College. They made godly child training a high priority, and studied God’s Word and trusted Him to lead them in this matter. The proper goal, of course, is to produce young people who know Christ personally and who seek His perfect will, whatever that turns out to be for their individual lives.
Donation of $12.00 each, buy 5 or more $10.00 each, buy 10 or more $8.00 each, plus shipping and handling
Why We Use the King James Bible:Testimonial from Dr. Don Jasmin, Publisher of the Fundamentalist Digest, concerning Why We Use the King James Bible. "In this 16 page booklet, Dr. Coomer has penned a brief, easy readable, simple and excellent treatise that is self explanatory. KJB advocates ought to purchase this concise treatise by the wagon load and make them available to their undiscerning friends. Pastors should purchase multiple copies for distribution to all new members. Get this book in quantity! You won't be disappointed."On occasion I have been asked why we at Hope Baptist Church use the “outdated” King James Bible. The issue of the text of the Bible became an issue for me as a Pastor in the early 1980’s. As I listened to different people I became concerned about the desire to literally do away with the King James Bible. Sitting in a preacher’s meeting several years ago I heard a leader of a fellowship of Independent-Fundamental Baptist Churches state, “The New International Version of the Bible is an easier Bible to read. I would suggest that you go home to your churches and encourage your people to use this new Bible!” That particular fellowship followed the advice of that noted leader and today they are at the liberal end of the New Evangelical movement with churches that no longer have the word Baptist in their church names. Therefore, I decided to study the issue with great care because of the importance it played in my life and the lives of the people God had called me to minister to. I studied and totally read 36 different books written by authors on both sides of the issue.We wanted to create a booklet for the average person in the pew who wants to have a basic understanding of the subject. This booklet will be good for Pastors to give to people in their congregation or outside the church to simply explain the issue.The booklets are $3.00 each and if you buy 25 or more they are $2.00 each plus shipping and handling. We also have the messages on three compact discs for $9.00 plus shipping and handling.
- Tongues Speaking in the Book of Acts and I Corinthians. This is an in depth study of all the passages dealing with this subject in Acts and I Corinthians. Easy to read and great to have available to give to people who are confused about this subject. One missionary who read the booklet commented, "I graduated from Bible College and I have never heard this subject presented in such a Biblical common sense way as Pastor Coomer has presented it. Great material." These booklets are available for a donation of $4.00 per booklet order 25 or more they are $3.00 each.
- What is Wrong With the Christians of America? Sermon by Pastor Terry L. Coomer available by e-mail or by regular mail for a donation of $1.00 each. This sermon deals with the lack of spiritual desire by the Christians of America. A sermon that gives keen spiritual and Biblical insight to the spiritual problems that are causing great harm in the lives of many Christians and to our families.
- How to Have a Daily Time with God, a practical step by step approach to having a personal, passionate, intimate relationship with God. Pastor Coomer shows you how to get the most out of your Bible reading, what books to read and how to have a daily journal of your insights with God. Extremely practical and easy to follow. Gives you the scriptural reason for having a daily time with God. These booklets are available for a donation of $4.00 per booklet order 25 or more they are $3.00 each.
- How to Deal With Hurt. Many Christian families are not serving God today because they have at one time been hurt. The tragedy to their lives, their children's lives, and to the church is great. In an exposition of Psalm 37 Pastor Coomer shows us the flesh cycle that many Christians live in when they are hurt and the spiritual cycle that God wants us to live in. Extremely practical and greatly needed by families who are hurting. These booklets are available for a donation of $4.00 per booklet order 25 or more they are $3.00 each.
- The Most Important Key In Rearing Children to Serve the Lord-Dealing With Anger, by Pastor Terry L. Coomer. Pastor Coomer takes us step by step on how to deal with ungodly anger in our lives. He also shows us how to rear our children to not have an angry spirit. Many Christian's homes, marriages, and children have been destroyed by ungodly anger in the home. Many Christians do not realize they have an angry spirit and do not realize the serious problems which result from their ungodly anger. A powerful exposition of the anger passages of the Bible. A must read if you are serious about wanting your children to grow up and serve God and desire practical help in dealing with the hidden sin of Christianity. These booklets are available for a donation of $5.00 per booklet order 25 or more $4.00 each.
Testimony: "I never realized I had an anger problem. Many things had went wrong in our home and I did not understand why. After reading your article on anger I repented of my sin and God has changed my life and our home. Thank you for providing this information which is so desperately needed and thank you for helping me." Maryland
- How To Have A Real Relationship With God, by Dr. Terry L. Coomer.
Pastor Coomer takes us step by step on how to have a real, intimate, personal, and passionate relationship with God. Many Christians are living their life in unrighteousness or self righteousness (self power) rather than righteousness and do not understand why they are unhappy, defeated, and discouraged. In fact, many are literally crying, devastated and destroyed. They fail to see how the devil works in their life and the devastating affect this has on their marriage, home, relationships, and children. This is a must read to understand why many Christians fail and the disasters that take place within their lives. How To Have A Real Relationship With God will give you principles that will change your life.
These booklets are available for a donation of $5.00 per booklet, order 25 or more $4.00 each.
Testimony of a Pastor-Michigan, "I read your message on How to Have A Real Relationship With God. As much as I hate to admit it, I see the reason I am failing in the ministry is because I have served and lived with a self righteous life rather than a real relationship with God. Thank you for helping me. This has changed my life."
- The Difficulties Of Pride In Our Lives
Pastor Coomer helps us to see how pride has hurt our lives and what we can do to deal with this sin that has harmed many Christian's lives. He also shows us that pride is a root sin and many other sins come off of it. Extremely practical and a must read for every Christian who wants to be serious about having a real walk with God.
Donation of $4.00 each purchase 25 or more $3.00 each.
- How To Deal With Bitterness
Many Christian families are not serving God today because they have at one time been hurt in some way and they become bitter. The tragedy to their lives, their children's lives, and to the church is great. Pastor Coomer shows us the cycle many people go through and the Biblical answer to deal with bitterness in our lives. Extremely practical and greatly needed by families who are hurting.
These booklets are available for a donation of $3.00 per booklet. Order 25 or more for $2.00 each.
- The Thought Life of the Christian. Have you ever given much thought to how your thought life affects your fellowship and ultimately your walk with God? The Bible has many references to the believer's thinking. Some of the references are to bad thinking and some references to good thinking. The battle ground for the Christian is the mind because the devil works upon the mind. He knows if he controls the mind of the person, he controls that person. In the booklet, The Thought Life of The Christian, Dr. Terry Coomer shows us how to have a spirit controlled thought life. It is really the key to walking with God.
Through For the Love of The Family, we receive e-mails from many people all over the world. Many times it is from a devastated Christian wife, who finds out her husband has allowed his thinking to go unrestrained and the results have been devastating. It is of epidemic proportions today.
We are what we think! What we are thinking today will be what we are tomorrow! Our thoughts truly show what our character is. We may try to hide, disguise, ignore or justify this kind of thinking, but we are fooling ourselves if we think we may indulge in wicked thinking without it affecting our walk with God. Galatians 6:7-8, Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of his flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. A powerful booklet that shows great life changing spiritual truth.
Donation of $3.00 each. Order 25 or more a donation of $2.50 each, plus shipping and handling.
- Counseling CD's
We have 6 messages on CD by Pastor Coomer available from the Counseling Pastor's conference at Cozzadale Baptist Temple in Cincinnati, OH. They are:
1. Why I Cannot Change My Life?
2. Idols of the Heart
3. Giving People Hope Through the God of Hope
4. Understanding Marriage-Through the Bible
5. How to Have Biblical Long Term Change in Our Life
6. The Husband's Role in Marriage.
These are available for a donation of $3.00 each or $15.00 for all 6 which includes shipping and handling.
- Gary Maldaner
- Mike Allison
- Don Jasmin
- David Sorenson
- Steve Currington
- David Cloud
- Travis Burke
- Rick Carter
Other MaterialWe have reviewed the following material and feel it would be useful in building a Godly family. Please be advised we would not agree with every statement by every author.
KING JAMES VERSION, LIFE APPLICATION STUDY BIBLE, Bonded leather, black or burgundy. We believe every Christian should have a good study Bible.
Donation of $59.95 EachGREAT HYMNS OF THE FAITH, Hymnal - We believe every family should have a good hymnal to learn hymns in their home.
Donation of $18.95 Each